In legal terms, personal injury refers to any sort of injury done to physical body, mind or emotions of the person filing for that particular suit. The persons filing such type of suits are called as plaintiffs and these are filed against the person or entity that caused the harm through negligence, gross negligence, reckless conduct, intentional misconduct, and strict punishment. The damages that are included in the lawsuit include the injured’s medical bills, pains and the diminished quality of life that he or she would be leading post the accident. Though these lawsuits help in offering justice to the victim, yet fighting cases like these consumes a lot of time and money. Hence, in order to offer help to the plaintiffs, there are provisions for personal injury lawsuit funding and this article discusses primarily on the same. Prime Case Funding, LLC are experts in providing all kinds of lawsuit loans and funding.
The cases included
The cases that are included under personal injury lawsuit are characterized by the severe trauma that they have offered to the victim and the adverse manners in which they have affected their lives. Some of the major types of cases included in the same include auto accident, wrongful death, false arrests, labour law, medical malpractice, sexual abuse, school abuse and defective products injury. Based on the degree of graveness in the case, the time and money invested in the same depend and hence there are agencies who provide fundings or financial help to the plaintiffs. The basic features of these agencies are as follows:
- Fast delivery of the financial aid to the victims at minimal interest rates and sufficient time for repayment
- Presence of advisors to aid the plaintiffs in selecting the ideal source of funding for them
- Provides funding under two major cases: pre-settlement and post-settlement
- Offers contacts for some of the best lawyers to fight the case
Factors to be considered
The following are the factors that need to be considered while looking for personal injury lawsuit funding: –
- Enquiring about the application fees for availing the fundings
- Taking consideration of the attorney’s views in selecting the source for funding
- Checking all terms and conditions for funding, including the interest rates to see if it does not turn out to be a liability in the longer run
- Knowing about the maximum cap in the funding provided
- Recommendations from the past clients to determine the quality of services
Applying for funding
Considering the above-mentioned parameters, one can easily select for the ideal personal injury lawsuit funding. Post this process, one can apply for funding easily by explaining the problem statement to the agency, selecting the requisite funding plan, completing the basic formalities and submitting the requisite documents for the processing phase.